This program is designed to provide partial assistance for implementing projects related to Japanese culture and arts, with the aim of enhancing cultural exchange between Japan and Hungary and other Central and Eastern Eurpean countries.
- Eligibility of Applicants
- Non profit-making projects/events that help to promote the international cultural exchange between Japan and the applicant country.
- Institutions which have enough capability for execute the grant project according to the plan.
- The applying projects should be in the arts (e.g. exhibition, performing arts, film screenings, music, dance, and literature),as long as the content is wholly or for the most part related to Japan.
- Religious and political activities are not eligible.
- Solo show, solo performance or recital may be given lower priority.
Projects should commence on or after April 1, 2017 and be completed by March 19, 2018 in consideration of the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2017, which is March 31, 2018.
Only specific items such as travel expenses, honorarium and cost to cover hire of venue, printing/publicity costs etc. We can not fund preliminary project research or development.
Please contact a member of staff before making a formal application. We cannot support the travel expenses to Japan.
Only a select number of grants will be made in JFY 2017. Grant sizes vary according to project, with an upper limit of approx. 1000 Euros per grant.
Applications should be submitted at least 2 months prior to the start of the project.
Screening will be made earliest after April 1, 2017.
The applicant will be informed of the results of the screening after April 2017.
Please read the General Guidlines thoroughly. Before applying please do not hesitate to contact to our program officers in the current fields.
The Japan Foundation, Budapest
1062 Budapest, Aradi u. 8-10. Hungary
Tel.: (0036-1) 214-0775/6
Documents needed beforhand:
Estimated Budget Form
Documents to be done after carrying out the project:
Project Report Form
Financial Report Form
Payment Request Form